Velvet Dress | Black Tee | Orange Velvet Top
Jacket | Pants | Green Velvet Top | Skirt
…Every fashion-fiend struggles with waiting for winter—and the long, long, wait until spring and summer, when the sundresses and sandals can come out from storage. But I’ve found something that totally enhances my approach to my winter wardrobe, and trust me: it will make you more fond of winter despite all snow and sleet on the sidewalk!
Here’s just some of the reasons why I love velvet. Needless to say the velvet pieces I wore in my favorite looks from my Lookbook shoot with Dazzine won me over. They range from $22-$33! What a steal.
- It’s warm. Under your winter coat, it keeps you warm enough to face the freezing winds. And it’s cozy—just right for the heat once you get inside—because let’s face it: sometimes I layer up because it is absolutely freezing outside, but the heat is turned up when I get inside (NYC subway, anyone?) that I’m sweating as if it’s August!
- It adds texture. Winter = dark colors. That’s real, accurate fashion math. It’s so easy to go for a monochromatic or mostly dark, neutral toned look in the colder months, and a simple top, dress, or skirt adds some much needed interest to your whole look.
- It captures the look and feel of the season. All in one fabric! This means you might have the chance to mix some spring and summer pieces to winter them up a little bit. This way, you’ll have some of your favorite selections from your closet available year round.
- It layers well! Velvet is warm, but not too thick. I loved the valet dress paired over the crew neck-T. So 90s, and so fabulously winter. I was super comfortable in a long sleeve blouse with a leather jacket over it!
- It comes in many options. Whether it’s a top, a T-shirt, or a dress, booties, or a bag, velvet adds a classy winter vibe to any outfit!
- And many silhouettes. It can be form-fitting or baggy, (we all need a little room after eating all through the holiday season) and still exude fabulousness. A baggy velvet piece is very versatile — you can belt it, pair it with jeans or slacks.
- And many colors! Whether you’re an all-black-always kind of girl or a bright color always kind of girl, it will have the same effect: it pops, keeps you comfy and in touch with the styles of the season.
- It goes with a variety of other textures. It doesn’t have to be the focus. Pair your velvet piece with an even bolder fabric in your rotation: a go-to edgy winter look is when it’s paired with leather!
- It’s elegant. A velvet dress is often associated with holiday parties. But why not with every day throughout the long and cold winter months?
- But it can be casual, too! Throw a blouse on with a pair of jeans and voi-la! You’re instantly casually stylish and ready to take on the bitter temps of the day.
Ready to make your velvet purchase? Head to Dazzine to shop these looks and let me know your thoughts on my lookbook!
Shop My Looks