Cutout Tee Similar | Leather Pants Similar (Affordable) | Valentino Boots (Similar & Affordable) | Michael Kors Bag (Similar & ON SALE!) | Saint Laurent Belt | Sunglasses SimilarThe year is quickly coming to a close…there’s a little less than 8 weeks left to be exact. And if you’re not already slaying those goals you set at the start of the year, now’s the time to buckle down and get to work. In all honesty, I’ve already started mulling over the things I want to hone in on and achieve next year, so while I’m on that train of thought, I wanted to share a few supercharged hacks you can use to achieve your goals and manifest anything you want.
1. Set smaller, measurable and actionable goals, instead of vague wishes.
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, but it’s extremely difficult to slay a big, monstrous goal. That’s why I’m such a big proponent of identifying the most important actions I need to take to accomplish those goals. I’ll then work on those tasks in the course of 30, 60, and 90 days. Here are some ways you can start doing that now:
Specific Health Related Goals
– Walk for 10 minutes 3 days per week.
– Add an extra serving of vegetables to one meal.
– Incorporate 30-minute HIIT workout sessions 3 days per week.
Specific Career Goals
– Map out year-to-date accomplishments in preparation for year-end review.
– Refine skillset by taking and actually finishing a course or working with a mentor who can provide tips and feedback
– Make a proposal to ask for a raise or promotion by December 31.
Specific Financial Goals
– Do as I suggested in this post here and pay yourself in the first hour of every day.
– Auto-invest $50 at the beginning of the month and pay an extra $50 to debt you owe.
– Find a side hustle and start working on it for next year or through the holiday season.
Specific Blogging Goals
– Increase affiliate income by setting holiday strategy in place and posting on blog 4x a week.
– Send out 15 pitches per week to get at least 3 sponsored posts by December 25.
– Shoot 5 outfits every weekend for the following week ahead.
Notice how specific and achievable these goals are? As Nelson Mandela says, “Vision without action is just a dream, action without vision just passes the time, and vision with action can change the world.”
“I’ll start tomorrow”, “I don’t have enough time today”, “I’m too busy”… These are excuses I hear all too often and I’m guilty of it too. But the reality is, you’re never going to have enough time. Tomorrow becomes next week, next week becomes next month, and next month becomes next year. It’s a vicious, never-ending cycle. The trick is to start now – to not let your mind wander and to take action before the mind even has time to rationalize or feel good about it. Procrastination is the nemesis of success.
Talk about your goals and find an accountability partner.
If you know you’re someone who lacks commitment and easily gets discouraged, it’s time to find someone you trust and can actually express yourself to. Most successful entrepreneurs do have mentors – and oftentimes, pay a lot of money for them. It’s not because they can’t achieve something on their own, but it’s because accountability is sometimes the biggest thing you need to get you through the next hurdle. Dan and I are always talking about our goals because we believe that we get to hold each other accountable.
Plus, when you tell your friends and family how you plan to achieve your goals, they’ll respect your boundaries and understand that at certain times, you will not be available to join them. In your business, it helps put everyone on the same page so you’re all working towards a common goal.
Set deadlines and add them to your calendar!
I’m a huge calendar person – I love tracking my goals and setting up reminders in my phone to keep me aware of them. This not only allows me to focus on the bigger picture, but the smaller, minute details as well. Every now and then, I’ll get a pop up that helps me realize I fell short on one task. I’ll instantly pick up where I stopped and keep it moving forward.
Did you guys find these tips to achieve your goals helpful – and would you like to hear more? Let me know in the comments! As you slay your goals, remember to take care of yourself, rest, and employ visualization techniques to propel yourself further.